Monday, March 22, 2010

One Year Anniversary

We also celebrated our one year anniversary over spring break. There really isn't much to do around here and Treagan wasn't feeling to great all week. The day before we went to what is called the Amana Colonies. Its this really small town ran by Mennonites in the middle of no where. They have all these really cool shops and restaurants. They also make all their own jelly's and such. We bought some apple butter, raspberry jam and fig jam. I was skeptic about the fig jam but it actually turned out to be the best of all 3!!On our anniversary we just enjoyed hanging out together at home watching some more lost episodes which we have recently started from season 1 and are now addicted and on season 4. Then Treagan surprised me by taking me out to sushi. He really doesn't enjoy sushi too much but knows I love it. We went to this really nice sushi restaurant which was really fun. Treagan had planned on having a couch delivered for me that day but we haven't been able to find a couch we love for a price we love. But he did buy me a new hat, belt, 2 skirts and some SWEET new Nike kicks!

Us at the Amana Colonies

Getting ready to leave for dinner



I made him a picture blanket of our first year together which was a disaster in my life! I have never been so frustrated and mad at the same time. I've never made and quilt and didn't really have anyone around who had much experience with quilt making so it was basically trial and error and I mean lots and lots of errors. In the end it turned out okay but if you could look at it close you would probably laugh at how bad it is! But I guess that's what I get for trying to do it on my own! It didn't really matter in the end! Treagan loved it more than anything which is all that really mattered.

You can see how wrinkled the blanket is. It had been sitting in a box folded up for about 2 weeks so I need to do some ironing!







A lot of people say the first year of marriage is the hardest and if that's the truth than bring on the rain! We had a year full of love, laughter and fun! As cheesy as that sounds its true. We really fall more and more in love with each other every day. We never get sick of each other and always wish we had more time together! We really are a match made in heaven and I couldn't be more grateful for him! I love him more then I will ever be able to express!

7 comments:

brandandbrit said...

Happy anniversary! Good job on that quilt. It looks great That is better than anything I could ever do.

Swensons said...

ahh the quilt from hell...
that is all that needs to be said

Angela and Enrique said...

I love the quilt! Good job and I finally took my sewing machine in to get fixed. Now that you are done and don't care. :)

nathan n rachel said...

Well Happy Anniversary. I love the quilt.

Mick and Tiff said...

Happy Anniversary! Looks like a fun little trip. And I think you did great on that quilt.

Btw- that song on my blog was "Hey, Soul Sister" by Train. I really like it.

Oriens said...

Happy 1yr! Your blanket is so cool- you certainly put a whole lot of time and effort into it.

Ken and Em Sim Family said...

That's a great quilt! I've been wanting to make one of those for awhile, but haven't made the time. Good for you!