Sunday, April 4, 2010

General Conference 2010


We are so blessed to have such a wonderful Prophet and his two amazing counselors!

What a wonderful 2 days it has been to listen to all the wonderful words of the apostles! I loved all the talks so its hard to choose favorites but I think Elder Ballards about the relationship between mothers and daughters was amazing. I am so lucky to have such a great relationship with my mom and feel so blessed to have grown up in a home where she taught me the truths I need to know! I hopefully will get to have a daughter of my own one day to build that relationship with and to teach her the truths of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

On top of Elder Ballards, Elder Hollands was impossible not to love. He is one of my favorite speakers. The tone and power that he uses just grabs your attention and you can't help but soak in every second of it. He shared such a wonderful lesson about protecting us from the evil around us. He also talked about true love. One thing he said that I loved was "true love must include the idea of permanence!" What a great blessing it is to be married in the temple to know that our love is permanent and will last forever!

Elder Uchtdrof and Elder schwitzer talked about judging others and making good judgments in life. They were both such great talks. I few things I loved that they said were "we are called to support and heal rather than condemn" and "we are not to judge others but we are to use great judgment"

I could go on and on about more favorites but I'll just leave you with a few more quotes from the apostles that I loved.
"It is not only possible but it is certain that we will win this battle against Satan" -Elder Packer
"Seek appreciation from the right sources" -Sister Beck
"Prayer is every ones lifeline to Heaven" - Elder McMullin
"We are not supposed to be lead by the women of the world but to LEAD the women of the world" "Hold your tongues about the things of NO moment" -Elder Ballard
"Two men can do anything as long as one of them is the lord." Elder Andersen

I hope everyone enjoyed their Easter and Conference Sunday as much as I did!

5 comments:

Ken and Em Sim Family said...

It's always fun to hear what everyone else loves about conference. It seems that we each get what we need to hear! For me, I kept noticing all of the talks about how important it is for moms to teach their kids the gospel. I loved Elder Bednar's talk about that. It's too bad we can't have general conference every month!

Oriens said...

I loved the quotes you added at the end. They are so powerful. Conference is amazing and I loved, loved that it was on Easter. So perfect.

nathan n rachel said...

I loved Elder Hollands talk to. He is awesome!

Alex and Anna said...

it was amazing! Conference weekend is the best!I love feeling so uplifted. I loved the talk about how we can either let our trials bring us down and further from the Lord or use them to build our faith and relationship with the Lord. I can't remember who gave it?! anyway, Love you! hope you are doing well!

Shayna said...

kim! i loved what you said. i have always cherished our talks and the example that you are just by the way you talk and show your truth. i miss you! this year we didnt watch conference, other things came up, but im glad i found your blog! keep in touch..