Treagan and I were lucky enough to get to go visit his parents in Alaska for 8 days. Alaska is the most beautiful place ever. I really enjoyed it. His parents live in Dillingham, which I don't think you could pay me enough to live there. It was the smallest place I have ever been to. I can't even describe how small it is. Treagan tried to tell me before we went but you just don't understand until you're there. No cell phone service, the slowest internet you can imagine, 9 bucks for a bag of chips, 6 bucks a gallon for milk, no known restaurants, no shopping stores, one bank, one school, millions of boats and fishermen, one hospital and lots of ocean and wild life. It was really cool to experience Dillingham!
 |
| Welcome to Dillingham! My first shock, the Airport. |
 |
| Yep this is the whole airport! I couldn't believe it. No security or anything. You walk in, everyone knows everyone, you check your bags in then just walk out the back door to the little plane. And its gravel roads to get there. |
 |
| This was pretty cool to see and experience. Once you've lived in Alaska a certain number of years you are allowed to put a net out in the ocean when the tide is down. The tide comes up and then you go back when its goes back down and get all your fish. The first time we got 35 and the second time 48. Pretty crazy. I couldn't even take one off the net though because my hands were too cold! |
 |
| My cute hubby trying to get the fish untangled. |
 |
| Look at that Salmon! |
 |
| I started getting sick the day before we flew out to Alaska. By the time our flight came I had a horrible sore throat and bad runny nose. Then when we got there I realized I sunburned the crap out of my lips at Bear lake and the worst cold sore of my life came about! |
 |
| I have had plenty of cold sores but this was the most disgusting and sick one yet! It didn't help that we couldn't find any good cold sore medicine in Dillingham. Maybe that helps you understand how small this place is! |
 |
| I got to go shooting for the first time in my life. Not going to lie I was a bit scared. |
 |
| My shooting stance is HILARIOUS! It just proves how scared I was. The gun I was shooting with right there has a crazy kick. It would throw my arms up in the air. So I think I was standing back to prepare myself. |
 |
| Treags cute parents. His mom had amazing aim! I was impressed. My aim on the other hand, pretty pathetic! |
 |
| Look at treag with his gun in his pants thinking he's all gangster or something ha ha |
 |
| His aim was pretty good too. |
 |
| Treags dad owns an island on a lake about 30 minutes from their house. It was so so beautiful! This lake is the beginning of 5 lakes. They all connect to each other by rivers. |
 |
| We went for a little hike and treag brought the gun in case of bears or moose. Sadly we didn't see any. I was really looking forward to that! But look how beautiful this place is! |
 |
| I found a ducks egg nest. I felt pretty awesome not going to lie. Treag and his dad walked right passed it and didn't see it. |
 |
| Walking through the trees |
 |
| This was the cutest thing ever! Watching treagans mom try to skip rocks was priceless. She even fell down a few times. You really can't find some one as cute as this lady! |
 |
| This was us getting ready to go get the fish off the nets. It was FREEZING! |
Anchorage on the other hand I loved! It reminds me of Salt Lake. We got to go see some glaciers, a sweet ski resort I hope to board at one day, enjoy some awesome restaurants and shop at the Saturday market. Over all so much fun and Treagan has the best parents ever! I am so lucky to have them!
 |
| Portage Glacier |
 |
| Alyeska ski resort. This place is AMAZING! I really want to go boarding there someday. |
 |
| Can you believe how huge this thing is! I couldn't. We saw some small cubs on the way home one night in Dillingham and I thought they were so cute I just wanted to go play with them. After seeing this thing I don't think bears are so cute anymore! |
 |
| These are my awesome fox fur ear muffs. My sisters laughed at me when i showed them. But I'll be the one laughing at everyone else when I have super warm ears this winter in Iowa! |
 |
| Saturday market |
 |
| Such cute parents. I just love watching them together because they are still so in love. Its so precious! |
 |
| We had so much fun and are so grateful for treagans parents and all they did for us! We love you! |
9 comments:
Treagan whats with the goatee. You look like a native. So next time we all go to Alaska together. How about that!
Alaska looks so beautiful! I LOVED your shooting stance!
Where do Treagan's parents live? What a dump! haha, I'm a little jealous of you guys...especially since it didn't appear to rain the whole time! BTW, the pictures make the blog! Love it. ManU just scored 24 seconds into the game! Yikes.
I loved all the pictures. And yes--that looked like one nasty cold sore.
Wow, can he please go to school there so I can come visit you!! Your pictures are beautiful! I agree that half hour didn't do justice, I wish we lived closer, maybe one day:(! You better come in september! I love you guys xoxo
Alaska is only for the hard-core... or so I've heard. Ken used to try to talk me into living there. Sure is beautiful in the summer though! I'm jealous of your trip. Looks like fun (not the cold sore though- ouch). I love the ear muffs. Wear them with pride!
Where did you get that good looking guy you are with in all of these pictures. I think he is a keeper. Love you both, mom xoxoxoxo
Kim it looks like so much fun:) You look beautiful! I'm glad to see you are doing so good:)
your first picture reminded me of the movie "the proposal" funny.. glad you had a good time it does look beautifull! fun to see you guys when you were out here!
Post a Comment