The other day I was thinking about how you can love people in so many different ways. It really is a beautiful thing that we are able to love so much and in so many ways. Just think about all the people in your life that you love. Friends for instance. You can love all your friends but you love each of them in their own way. At least I do. I love my parents and siblings in a different way. I obviously love Treagan in a different way and then there is little miss Hensleigh.
In all honesty I can't put in to words how I feel about our sweet little girl. Being her Mom is truly a gift and the most amazing thing I have ever experienced. I have heard people say you can never understand a mothers love until you are a mother and it is true. I never even knew I had the capacity to love someone so much. And even more amazing is the fact that my love for her continues to grow more and more each minute I spend with her.
All the late nights, diaper changes, clothes changes (sometimes 4 a day) etc... Everything is worth it. The moment Hensleigh looks at me and smiles is in a word priceless. I can be exhausted from lack of sleep and she will smile at me and everything changes. I become empowered with more energy to get things done and to do whatever I need to to be a good mom to her.
I thank my Heavenly Father every day for sending her to me and trusting me enough to raise her in this life. I just pray that I will do so in a way that is pleasing to him.
I also thank Treagan every day for being the husband and father who is more wonderful then I could have ever imagined. He gives me increased strength beyond my own and I am so grateful! I love you Treagan. Thank you for being the man that you are!
Now I will just leave you with some beautiful pictures of our little girl!
| We love you Hensleigh. |
3 comments:
I can totally relate. And the best part is that it just keeps on happening when they get older.
Kim, that was beautiful! I loved your sentimental and cheesiness, it makes me so excited for that day but even more excited that Hensleigh is yours. You are an awesome mom!
well said kim. it's a hard thing to explain, but you hit the nail on the head.
Post a Comment