I love this time of year because it allows me to stop, look around and realize the beautiful life I have and how grateful I need to be for everything the Lord has blessed me with. I have so thankful for a husband who holds the priesthood and blesses our home with it. Who helps with dinner and keeping the house clean. Who is an amazing father that loves taking care of his little girl. I feel so blessed that I know when I leave him with Hensleigh everything will be perfectly fine. He won't be calling me with questions or concerns. He knows just as well as I do how to take care of her and I'm grateful for that.
I'm so thankful for Hensleigh. The fact that I had a very easy and healthy pregnancy is such a blessing and something I will be eternally grateful for. She has brought so much joy to our lives and I literally can't stop kissing her chubby checks all day. She is learning to laugh and it's possibly the most adorable thing I have ever seen. She sleeps great at night, eats great and blesses our lives every single day!
I am thankful for my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so thankful for righteous parents that brought me up in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. I know that my Savior lives. I know the Joseph Smith was a true prophet and that Thomas S. Monson is a living prophet today. I know that prayer works and that having family prayer each night with Hensleigh and Treagan is bringing our family closer and blessing our lives. I know the scriptures are true and I'm grateful for the lessons they teach me. I know Heavenly Father will never leave us alone and will always be there for us if we will just go to him in prayer.
I am thankful for the little tender mercies I receive each day. Sometimes they are in the simple text saying "I love you" from Treagan. Other times they are in Hensleigh taking a 2 1/2 hour nap allowing me to get things done. They are in Treagan rubbing my back, helping with the dishes, and taking care of Hensleigh so I can take a nap. They are snuggle time with Hensleigh after she naps. Watching her smile after she eats. Watching her learn to grab things with her hands. Everyday they are the fact that I have hands, legs, toes, eyes, ears, a mouth and nose etc. that work everyday. I have so many things to be thankful for.
This holiday season I hope I can bless others lives the way the Savior has blessed mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment