 |
| Historic Kinnick Stadium! This place is considered heaven in Iowa! |
Growing up in the home town of Utah State football you have no idea what REAL football fans and REAL college football is all about! The first time I witnessed an Iowa football game I was literally it shock. People tell you how crazy the tailgating is but you really don't understand until you see if for yourself. Iowa fans are really some of the most devoted hard core fans EVER! And I am becoming one of them! I love my HAWKEYES and I am sure proud to be one!
On game day people usually get up as early as 4 a.m. to start tailgating. And by game time half the people are too drunk to even go in. A bit ridiculous! The streets, packing lots, golf courses, houses every where you can think of is full of motor homes, tables of food, and a lot of beer games! I'm glad I've got to experience this over the past few years. This year we have season tickets which has been a blast. Here is some pics from some games. ENJOY!
 |
| Walking down Melrose to Kinnick Stadium! |
 |
| Melrose |
 |
| This was the Iowa State game hence the BEAT STATE shirts! |
 |
| Look at the madness. Melrose just completely shuts down because there are way too many people! |
 |
| This was the homecoming Penn State game. Each section was supposed to wear a certain color. I was impressed with how well it worked out. |
I just love being apart of Iowa Football. It really is one of the coolest experiences. I am going to be sad to leave this place. Maybe one day I'll have a son who can come play football for IOWA! Either way I will always be a fan!
4 comments:
I'm so JEALOUS! I'd love to make it out there for a game.
I love the way the homecoming game turned out with the colors in the stands! When I saw it on tv I was in awe...seriously, in order to get that kind of response from people they have to be DEVOTED, and they are!! I'm with you, I love Big Ten football.
What are you talking about? That's exactly like USU football! :) Although USU did beat BYU this year, so Aggie fans have something to smile about.
Iowa does have really devoted fans! It still amazes me.
Post a Comment