Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Field of Dreams

We wanted to do something fun for Labor Day weekend this year. We were going to go to the Mall of America but figured we would spend a lot of money if we did that and opted out. So we looked into going to the Field of Dreams movie sight. When we realized it was only an hour and a half away we were set! We watched the movie the night before because I couldnt' really remember it. Then I realized that I don't think I have actually ever even seen it before. I think I had just catch parts of it on tv while my fam was watching it when I was little or something. Anyways we invited some of our friends to come along with us. The Gublers, Swensons and Whiteheads. I had a lot of fun. We played catch for a bit, hit some softballs and took pictures in the corn. It was fun to get our of Iowa City for the day and just enjoy spending time with some friends!

I was pretty excited to be there! ha ha
The house

Look at my intense face ha ha
Robyn
Katie
So me, Robyn, and Katie weren't terrible or anything. We hit a few balls rolling past the infield ha ha but then Jess stands up and just made all of us girls look stupid. I guess that's what happens when you play softball in high school.
Treag
Disappearing into the corn field. We tried to video Treagan appearing out of the corn field but it didn't work because you could hear him coming ha ha
The Field
Watching the intense game going on
We had so much fun! were glad that we took the chance to go see The Field of Dreams while we are in Iowa.

8 comments:

brandandbrit said...

That looks like fun! I need to get out there sometime before we move out of Iowa!

Joe'n'Jess said...

that was really fun! what an ego boost though-i may have played in HS, but we weren't very good. lol. thanks for inviting us along!

Ashlee said...

who knew you lived in such a cool place? So close to so many cool things!! To bad this next trip out is going to be such a fast one. But then again it will be cold.

nathan n rachel said...

We did that last year. It was lots of fun!

Jason + Whitni said...

You guys are always doing some fun stuff, I sooo love it! Wish Jason and I could play along. We need to catch up soon and plan our scrapbook girl! LOVE YA!

Alex and Anna said...

way cool ! you and Treagan are so cute

Toni said...

Kim I love these pictures! Looks like a lot of fun! You are so gorgeous!!!

Nana Olsen said...

I hate being so busy that I have not had time to even get on the computer. Thanks for sharing. I sure miss out on your life with you so far away. I'm glad that Treagan takes such good care of you and keeps you happy. Sure hope that you are keeping him happy!!
Love the pics,
Mom XOXOXOXOXOXXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOX