Monday, January 31, 2011

This day is finally here!

January 31, 2011

I have been waiting for this day for the past 3 months! Because it was the day we would find out if Treagan got into a Pediatric Dental program. Our options were staying here at Iowa, Alaska or Rhode Island. For the longest time Treagan had is heart set on moving to Alaska. I thought it would be a really fun experience but also really crazy moving and meeting new people and being extremely far from home. Rhode Island was always the third choice. Iowa was my first choice because I already have some great friends here, my little sister Morgan is moving out here in August and I love my job and didn't want to leave it. Treagan loves the people at Iowa and the program here but he really thought he didn't have a great shot at getting into it. They only except 3 or 4 students a year and being one of the top dental schools in the nation its really competitive. After a lot of praying and thinking about with to do he ranked Alaska as his number one choice. Then a few days later he went back and ranked Iowa as number 1. And to our surprise it paid off because he was accepted into the Iowa program today!

I'm so excited and so proud of him. he is such a hard worker and is going to make the best pediatric dentist ever! I'm happy we don't have to move, I get to stay with my friends, my job and be close to my little sister next year. All in all it sure has been a great day and a great surprise! So glad this day finally made it here!

5 comments:

Tia and Cam said...

yay! congratulations and it's gotta feel good to finally know :) now that you guys aren't moving in May, you should join our vacationing?!

megan and darin said...

woah. that's pretty impressive!

Shayna said...

yay! congrats treagan.. that is a big accomplishment! good luck!

nathan n rachel said...

Yea! Congrats on the match!

Alex and Anna said...

congrats to Treagan!that will be nice not to move and so fun that your sis is moving out there!