Sunday, May 1, 2011

Pure Craziness!

This is what my house has looked like for the past month... for the most part anyways. It's defiantly not a house of order.
Our living room

Again

And even the bedroom has been a disaster!
Why you might ask? How could we be living like this? Well when we live in a tiny apartment I don't really have space to do craft things. Therefore the house gets taken over by all my craft projects and I've had a big one lately. I was apart of a Bungalow Bazaar this past Saturday and I really had no idea what I was getting myself into when I signed up for it. It turned out to be a lot more work and time then planned. I decided to make some Hawkeye clothing, clip necklaces, and headbands. By the time Saturday rolled around I was so happy. I was so worried I had put in a lot of money and wasn't going to make anything. I ended up breaking even then making a nice little profit. So it turned out to be worth it in the end. I will probably do it again if the girls decide to. I will do a few things different the second time around though. Here are a few pics of the stuff I've been making causing a lack of attention and energy to keep a clean house.

These picture will not download correctly. Not sure whats going on.






This is my little area I had set up at the Bazaar. As you can see I had way to much stuff for my tiny space.

A few of the necklaces. All 4 of those necklaces sold quick! They were some of my favorites. I made 20 necklaces and only came home with 6!

Headbands and bows were not a hit. I only sold 1 headband and 1 bow all day. Next time I won't make those. I have a lot on hand though if I have a little girl one day.
There was so many awesome crafts that day and everyone did really well. It really amazes me how much talent there is in my ward out here. Everyone is so dang crafty. I just try and keep up with them. I learned a lot this first time around but I am happy to say that it's over and I can go back to a relaxing week of just work and maybe some craft stuff just for fun.

2 comments:

Taggart said...

Cool stuff Kim! Those necklaces look cool. Are the shirts screen-printed or painted? Make some Duke ones and I'll buy! haha - Anxious to see you both. Love ya.

Tia Bowen Films said...

well you fit right in with your talented ward- it all looks awesome! and earning a profit should prove that. If you have ever seen big daddy, you can just adopt the trick they use- just cover the mess with news paper :)