Monday, July 11, 2011

Joys of summer

Leading up to summer break I was really getting home sick. I needed a break so badly from my everyday life, from Iowa, from work just from everything. I could not wait to get home and enjoy some serious family time for 3 1/2 weeks and I will tell you I enjoyed every single bit of it. And once again I didn't take many pictures. I left that up to siblings and parents. But Ashlee said she would get all the pics and send them to me so I'm not so worried.
We first headed to logan for a few days and just enjoyed hanging out with my family. I also got to see some of my good friends that I never get to see which is always a huge plus! As well as last minute deciding to play in a 6 v 6 soccer tourny. Don't worry we played 7 games in less then 24 hours and I couldn't move for 3 days straight. I think about all the crazy insane work outs i've been put through in all my years of soccer and nothing ever made my body that sore before. I really was not in any kind of shape to be doing that but I sure had fun. I got to play with morgan and her friends. Even Jenny came to play with us which was a blast. And we kicked some trash and ended up taking 2nd.
After logan we headed down to Boutiful to spend some time with Treagans family. We played lots of games and had some bbqs outside in the beautiful weather. After spending a week with them we headed down to St. George so we could get some sun and do some boating and hiking. We had some problems with the boat but in the end everything was fine and we really had a blast surfing, skiing and such. I can't wait to see all the pictures.
Now we are back to normal life. I wasn't quite ready for it but we are doing great. It's good to be back at work and actually have some money coming it! But I can't wait to see our family again. Luckily my mom, dad and little sisters come out in a few weeks!
Here are some pictures I did manage to capture of vacation time.



Baby Bo


Love you Cami! So glad I got to see your cute self and baby bo!

Love that dang face!



Treags mom, Tonya and ethan

Family BBQ



Hiking in st. George


Sand Dunes


Morgan, Jen, Chels, Kim

Jenny's Canyon

Me and Treagan took a quick stop at the temple. It is my most favorite temple and every time i'm in St. george I have to stop by and take a picture. Love love love it!

Jumping off the boat with Jaysa
Soccer Tourny

We had Anna come play with us the last game and thank goodness she did. We really needed her. She rocks and I was so tired I couldn't play for more then 5 minutes at a time by the end of it all. It was so fun though! Worth all the pain!

1 comment:

The Bearnson's said...

Kim my dear, I'm so glad I got to see you!! Even though it wasn't nearly long enough!! I love your pics!! Bo and I miss you already!! I'm thinking you need to come back in August! Or we should meet half way haha!! We love you guys!! Xoxo