Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Past Due: Christmas

It has been way too long since I last blogged. For Christmas we headed to Utah and had a blast spending time with family and friends. We never have enough time and we didn't get to hang out with everyone we wanted to which always sucks. Hopefully one day we will live a little closer and can come home more often to see people. Be ready for a picture overload!
We started our peaceful drive with this!

Then we ended up in this. Got to Laramie Wyoming around midnight. Didn't get a hotel cause we though I-80 would only be closed for a little bit. Yeah 9 hours later we were finally getting back on the road.

This pictures don't do anything justice. There were over 100 semis just off this one exit in Laramie. It was crazy.

I was getting really impatient. Treagan probably wanted to throw me out!

And this is what the roads looked like once we finally got back on them. No this isn't a blurry picture that is snow. We couldn't see anything in front of us. It was scary!

Growing up we always acted out the nativity scene with my mom's side of the family. This year my mom wanted to do it with my dad's side. But we still had to bring my mom's mom to the house to read the story because she is the one that always does it. So there she is; cute little Grandma Simmons and my brother Mike.

Our precious Angels

Mary & Joseph

The 3 wise men

Our wonderful cast. It was so cute to watch. Made for some good laughs too!

Kids my ginger bread house. Crosky basically just ate most of his candy but he did decorate this house all by himself.
opening stockings

My mom got Treagan a sweat Iowa sweat suit.

Ashlee is a big Allen fan from the Celtics.

Just eating some breakfast while watching peeps open presents.

Ashlee's husband surprised her with a new Mac computer. Super jealous!

I asked Treagan for new exercise clothes for Christmas. I don't know what he was thinking buying these if you can't tell how extremely tight and short they are. And to make it worse my little sister was with him and helped him pick them out. First of all I'm no size small, second of all you couldn't pay me to wear these to the gym. But we took them back and got me some other stuff that I love. So it all worked out for the best!

He also got me a really cute gold relic watch. Thanks hubby! Love you!

All of us kids got together and bought my mom a kindle fire. She basically thinks it's the coolest thing in the world and was so excited. We love you mom!

I surprised Treagan with a subscription to National Geographic. If you knew how much he loves this magazine you would understand what a cool gift this was. It was the cheapest thing I bought him for Christmas and by far his most favorite. Plus it's the gift that keeps on giving:)

My Mom surprised me with a serger! Sadly it is still in the box I'm kind of intimidated by it. But I know it will come in handy in the future.
Ashlee basically got spoiled. My parents give her a table saw and another kind of saw. Now she is even more crafty then she was before.

My cute Mom made all of us girls matching pj's. Thanks Mom

Kim-Morgan-Ashlle-Mom-Jenny-Chelsea

Love this kid!

Me & Morgie

Treagan was playing with our camera so we kept posing for pictures.

Love having 3 sisters.


The evil eyes

Then Morgan took the camera when no one else was around and started taking pictures of herself. I only posted 3 be she took about 15. Crazy girl



Crosky jumping up and down on Treagan belly. Not sure it felt so great.

Look how cute he is.

We were lucky enough to hang out with our friends Cami, Alex and little baby Bo. We actually ran into them the very first day we were home at Al's. Alex was shopping for Cami and Treagan was shopping for me so Cami and I sat on a bench and just talked for about an hour while I played with Bo. Thanks for coming to play with us!

I would take him home in a heartbeat. He is so adorable! Can't wait to see you guys again. We love you!
Then of course me and my I-dub girls had our annual Christmas soccer party. Treagan's brother Tag and his sister Tressa came with us too and we had such a blast. Us girls were out of shape though and some how let those dang boys beat us. It wasn't a pretty sight.


Just racing around the island in Treagan's parents kitchen

My cute niece Jaysa got baptized over Christmas break.

It was so nice to be able to be apart of her big day.

Cute Phelps family

Sisters:)

Love them!

All 3 kids wanted to ride with me back to our house. Yes they all sat in the front seat not the safest thing in the world. Good thing we live really close to the church.
Christmas was a success but went by way too fast. We didn't get to see enough friends or spend enough time with family but we are happy about the time that we did get. Can't wait for next year!

2 comments:

Tawnya said...

What a fun Christmas!!

Ashlee said...

Good job Kim. Now you have a journal that will last forever. I need to start up again. Maybe some day. Love Mom