I can't believe I am almost 30 weeks. Only a short 11 more weeks to go. Hopefully:) I honestly cannot complain about anything with pregnancy. I have some back and hip pain, some tail bone pain, and some tiredness but honestly I feel great!
We had Stake Conference last night and today. We had the wonderful opportunity of having Elder L. Tom Perry preside at our Conference. I got to meet him last night and again this morning. He is such a sweet amazing man. He is quite funny too:) Treagan and I made sure to go early both days so that we could be front row to really experience being in his presence.
While sitting in conference and feeling the amazing spirit that filled the building my thoughts were turned to my sweet little girl in my belly. I couldn't help but think about her as she was constantly moving around. I know at times in my life I have caught myself saying things like:
Life would be so much easier if I was a boy.
Boy's have the easy way out.
They don't have to shave their legs, comb their hair, wear makeup, deal with periods, give birth etc..
Boy's get to pee standing up allowing them to go much easier in the woods!
I'm sure there are more things that boys may be able to do easier then girls. But one thing we will always have on them is being able to carry our children in our bellies for 9 months and fall completely in love with them every step of the way. Yeah there is the beautiful morning sickness, the sleepless nights, the aches and pains that come with it but none of that matters when you feel your baby kick for the first time. And every time after that is just as special. I continually smile and laugh as she moves around in my belly. And I can't describe how blessed I feel to be a women and be able to experience what is happening inside me. Treagan may be able to feel her kick but it's nothing like I get to experience.
Being pregnant has really been a spiritual experience for me and I thank the Lord everyday for her health and growth. I cannot wait to meet our beautiful little angel and hold her in my arms knowing that her Father in Heaven has just sent her to us. What an amazing miracle and what an amazing gift. We as women are so blessed to be women and have the gift to become mothers. I look forward to that day when I truly get to become her earthly mother and hold her in my arms.


4 comments:
So sweet. i love reading your blog. Motherhood is such a great experience-right from the start. I know you've mentioned before that you are very shy, and i suppose i've been too shy to tell you before, but i've really enjoyed getting to know you better since you've been teaching in RS. Thanks for being a good example to me.
Kim, I feel the exact same way about being pregnant. It is truly magical. I am happy for you!!
kim! you look so good. i was a huge whale by 30 weeks! your post took me back to my pregnancy and i needed that! so thank you. carrying a baby is the most amazing thing i will ever experience for sure. you think it magical now, you will love the first cry, the first poopy diaper, the first spit up... as much as everyone might complain about those sleepless nights, that is what we remember, cuddling with them during the night. just remember to cherish each moment. Those were my favorite moments. It was truelly the best thing in the world to hold collin and just know that he is/was still so pure and close to the veil and that God had sent him to me. i had the privalege to raise him and help in along the path in life. love you kim!
You're welcome for the seats. :)
Post a Comment