Wednesday, March 20, 2013

7 Months

 I can not believe my baby is already 7 months. I feel like that means she is no longer a baby anymore. When she was 5 months going on 6 I started saying she was 6 before she got there. I've continued to say 6 this whole month and haven't wanted to admit to myself she really is 7. It's going by way too fast!!!

What's changed in the past month? Well lets see.....

-She now only sleeps on her belly. That just happened about 5 days ago. We lay her on her back and she rolls right over to sleep on her tummy.
- I refuse to give her a bottle anymore so she has gotten better at breast feeding but still isn't great. She only gets a bottle when I'm at work and Treagan gives her one.
- She doesn't like the new 6-18 month size binkie. She just spits it out and grabs her old one.
- She is learning to scoot herself. If shes on her back she can scoot backwards really far. She can scoot backwards a little bit on her belly but not much. And she still has no interest in crawling.
- She sleeps from about 7:30-7:30
- She hates getting dressed.
- She loves playing with toys but gets sick of them quickly. I try to get creative and find new toys for her everyday.
- She loves her orange veggies. Green ones not so much.
- She won't eat rice cereal unless I mix orange veggies in with it.
- She loves oatmeal.
- She really is becoming a good eater! 
- Starting to army crawl a little bit
- Turning into a momma's girl. Even if Treagan is with her and I walk out of the room she starts to cry. It's cute for now but I'm sure its gonna get hold real fast.
- Still working on sign language. She hasn't caught onto anything yet. Still waiting for that moment to happen.
- Doesn't mind her carseat as long as shes not in it for more then an hour and a half at a time.
- Takes a really good afternoon nap. Usually 2-3 hours. Sometimes an hour morning nap depending on if we are home or not.
- Gets really grumpy at night before her last feeding. Tired and hungry are not a good mixture.
- Loves bath time and playing with her bath toys.
- I gave her fruit for the first time this week and she loves it. All kinds.
- Wearing 9 month clothes for the most part. Still fits in a bunch of her 6 month stuff though.
- Loves to jib jabber. It's so much fun to listen to her.
- Always wakes up happy in her crib just talking to herself.
- Has caught on to really good highchair manners. She gets better everyday.
- She is ticklish and giggles when we tickle her.
- Loves people watching.
- Gets super distracted doing anything if people are around. Especially eating. Nursing is the worst.
- Isn't into sitting and reading books yet. Just wants to eat them.
- Loves music and watching me dance around. She smiles and laughs at me.
- She gives kisses when you ask for them. Most the time anyways.
- Reaches for us when she wants to be held. This melts my heart!

7 months is such a fun age and I believe it is going to just keep get more and more fun! We love our sweet Hensleigh so much and are so grateful for her every single day!!!

Family Photos:  February 2013
Photo Credit: Allison Weaver 





















1 comment:

Rachel Culmer said...

I so wish I could be there to see your cute little baby. She is darling. :)