![]() |
| 8 months. The first time she stood up in her crib. She was suppose to be sleeping. |
At 8 months.....
- She sleeps on her back, belly and sides now. I don't think she prefers one or the other anymore.
- Breast feeding has been better as long as we are at home. If we are in public it is a disaster and I get really frustrated. But at home she does great. I don't produce enough milk for her last feeding so we have to give her 4oz of formula after. I worried this is going to make her breast feeding take another downward spiral. I really don't think breast feeding is suppose to be this complicated. Hoping for better luck with the next one. (FYI no, I'm not pregnant)
- Still won't take the 6-18 month size binkies
- She is learning to crawl more and more everyday. It started with just a little side army crawl thing, then she started getting up on her knees and just in the past few days she's started to move forward on her knees. Still scooting. hasn't quite figured out how to pick her knees up and move them. It is so fun watching her try to figure it out.
- She has figured out if she can't crawl she can roll to whatever she needs and that's what she does most of the time. We have to keep everything off the floor already because she will get to it if she wants it!
- Still sleeping great. Usually about 11-12 hours a night.
- Started helping us take her clothes off. It is adorable. When we start pulling her shirt over her head she grabs it and pulls it over her head herself. It makes me smile every time.
- Still only really likes orange veggies. Peas are a nightmare to get her to eat. I can get her to eat green beans if I put lots of sweet potatoes in with it.
- Remember how she used to like oatmeal. Not so much anymore. I have to add fruit to it for her to eat it. She is a stinker when it comes to eating.
- She has been taking long morning naps lately and then only 1.5 nap in the after noon and usually and third 30 min nap around 4:30-5. I'm enjoying the 3 naps while they last!
- Loves, loves, loves music! Treagan plays the guitar for her and she stops whatever shes doing to look and listen. At church she does the same thing when we sing hymns or someone preforms a musical number. Even if a song comes on the t.v. she will stop, look up and listen until the song is over. She even loves it when I sing to her.
- She has become stingy with her kisses. It takes some effort for her to give me one. I think she knows I like them too much.
- Such a busy body. Doesn't like to be held so much anymore. Always wants to be moving and seeing everything that is going on around her.
- Wearing some 6 month clothes but mostly 9 month. Her feet are smaller then normal. She wears down a size when it comes to shoes. The ones that fit her best right now are 3-6. The 6-9 are still a little big.
- She has learned to clap and it is her favorite thing ever! She claps all the time and if we ask her to clap she does it right away. She gets so excited and smiles over and over.
- Sign language is still a struggle. I feel like shes not catching on to anything. I wonder how she caught on to clapping but can't do "all done" or "more". Hopefully she will catch on one of these days.
- She is such a calm, content, happy baby. Everywhere we go people comment on how beautiful she is but also on how good of a baby she is. And she really is. We are so blessed to have such a happy, good baby!
9 months....
It is crazy how so much can happen in just one month!!
- She is crawling around like crazy!! She is getting really fast too.
- Pulling herself up on everything.
- Climbing the stairs all the way up.
- Loves to give kisses and uses them to her advantage. She knows that it melts my heart. Sometimes she will grab my face then lean in for a kiss.
- Still won't take the larger binkie.
- Still sleeping great.
- Loves green beans, avocado, sweet potatoes, squash and all fruit.
- Clapping is still her favorite thing.
- Wearing some 6 months, mostly 9 month and some 12 month clothes.
- Most days only takes 2 naps.
- Still nursing 3 times a day. She gets a bottle for her last feeding. She is doing better at nursing but my body isn't producing enough milk. Frustrating!
- Loves her stuffed animal lambie.
- Doesn't hold still when changing her diaper.
- Loves being outside more then anything. She can be super grumpy and you can take her outside and she will be so happy!
- Loves going on walks in the stroller.
- Refuses to do sign language. I'm about to give up!
- Loves turning the pages of books but won't sit and let you read them to her. She also just wants to put them in her mouth.
- Gets in to everything she is not suppose to.
- Still likes sitting in her carseat.
- Says ma ma & da da
- Doesn't like the feel of grass
- Doesn't have stranger danger yet
- Follows me around where ever I go in the house.
- Still a content happy baby 99% of the time. We are so blessed!
![]() |
| First time touching grass. Didn't enjoy it much. |
![]() |
| 9 months |
![]() |
| First taste of Ice Cream. She loved it! |
![]() |
| Mothers Day |
![]() |
| Swinging in her pjs |
Listening to music downtown and loving it!






1 comment:
Ah -- she is so cute and so big! Time really does fly by. Don't give up with signing. Hannah's first sign was at 12 months. Nathan and I always signed to her while saying words and then when she was about a 13 months she just caught on and loved it. Give it time. :)
Post a Comment