Our lives have changed in the past month and a half. We have picked up everything and moved across the country to be closer to family and to start the new chapter in our lives. My little sister, Hensleigh and I left Iowa on June 24th and headed to Utah. Hensleigh didn't enjoy the long drive much but she did pretty well.
I had a really hard time leaving and I am still missing Iowa. That place was home to me. It is were everything started for our family and I have been in Iowa for the past 7 years. It will always hold a special place in my heart and I am grateful for the time I spent there.
Living in Utah is going to take some adjusting to. Especially since we still don't have our own place. I look forward to that very much. We will start looking in the next few weeks now that Treagan is working and we have a source of income.
Treagan is enjoying work so far. Things have been running smoothly and he is keeping busy. I just feel like I am on vacation because I haven't stayed in one place for more then a week. I'm always going back and forth from Cache Valley to Bountiful with a trip to St. George and Idaho.
The move hasn't just been hard on me but also on Hensleigh. She started crying whenever I would put her down for bed. Something she normally never does. She would wake up in the middle of the night screaming, I think because she was scared. She is meeting a million people and I think it is all just too much at a time. She has been doing better since we first got here and hopefully she will continue to adjust and learn to love our new life here in Utah. Hopefully I can do the same.
She has really grown up in the past 2 months:
-She is one fast little crawler!!
- Can stand on her own for 2-3 seconds
- Took her first step but neither Treagan or I witnessed it. Two of my sisters and my Mom did so we say it doesn't count.
- Hates baby food. Will only eat it in the pouches and is even picky about which ones she wants to eat. She loves big people food but still only has 2 teeth so she chocks on everything making me have a heart attack. It is not a good situation and I am a paranoid mother!!!
- Loves all stuffed animals
- Still rolls around like crazy while trying to change her diaper
- SHE DOES SIGN LANGUAGE!!!!!! I was on the verge of giving up and then right around 10 months she signed "more" for the first time. She also does please and sometimes all done. It's so exciting to see her learn and progress. She is very stubborn with them though and sometimes refuses to do them.
- Says mama, dada and ball which is more like "ba" but every time we pick a ball up she points at it and says "ba"
- Learned to point. It's so cute!
- High fives
- Loves to swim except we dunked her under the water and she doesn't enjoy that too much.
- Such a mommas girl. It's cute but also frustrating. Sometimes she won't even let me put her down or let anyone else hold her.
- Only nurses once a day in the morning. The move really screwed nursing up. I'm just happy she will still do it in the morning.
- Puts every single thing she finds on the ground in her mouth. She has chocked twice and I seriously thought she was going to die. I cried like a baby. I am ready for this whole everything in the mouth stage to end. I hope its sooner then later!
- Still takes 2 naps a day. So grateful for that!
- Goes to bed at 7pm and I have to say its the greatest thing EVER!
- Sleeps 12-13 hours still. I was worried the move was going to make that stop but after 4-5 days she started sleeping good again.
- She climbs up my legs when she wants to be held
- She cannot sit still
- Will sometime cuddle in the mornings with us. We enjoy the rare occasion.
- Won't sleep in either grandma's cribs they have. She will only sleep in her pack n' play now. I guess its good for me so I can take her bed with me wherever we go.
- Jabbers and screams (happy screams) all the time. Sometimes it is way too loud for her mama and dada's ears.
- She will hardly ever laugh. Shes been that way since she was a baby. It's so frustrating I just want her to laugh!!!
She is so much fun and usually such a good girl. I do think 9-11 months has been the hardest stage yet. I'm sure the future will prove to be more frustrating and demanding but for now I look forward to the next stage! Love my little girl though. Blessed to be her mom!
Now a little glimpse into our lives through photos.
![]() |
| Iowa City flooded this summer. We went to check it all out. |
![]() |
| Sweet little Isla and Adelaide. We were sad to leave our friends. |
![]() |
| My hard working husband graduated residency!!! So proud and grateful for all the he has done to get our family to where we are today. |
![]() |
| I have never loved working somewhere so much. So grateful for such a wonderful job, bosses and co-workers. It truly was a blessing sent from heaven the day I got that job! |
![]() |
| The waterworks began after saying goodbye here as well! |
![]() |
| The sign we found Hensleighs name:) |
![]() |
| Iowa City will always hold a special place in our hearts. This is just another reason why. |
![]() |
| Morgan and I drove through a crazy rain storm. It was so scary!!!! |
![]() |
| SCARY!!!!!!! |
![]() |
| Stopping to get some grub. |
![]() |
| Trying to keep Hensleigh happy during a 18 hour drive. Ice cream works wonders! |
![]() |
| Almost home! Beautiful Bear Lake |
![]() |
| Spending time with great-grandma Simmons |
![]() |
| Learning to love all the people and her sweet cousin Sophia. |
![]() |
| This is when our vacation to St. George started. It took us 9 hours to get there. We all wanted to die in the car and Morgans face expresses our true feelings. |
![]() |
| Sleeping on the boat:) |
![]() |
| Celebrating the 4th of July |
![]() |
| Jaysa bug |
![]() |
| Hensleigh loves the water! |
![]() |
| Getting our tan on! |
![]() |
| 6 Olsen kids all grown up. |
![]() |
| Then we headed to Yellow Stone. And if you can even believe it I had never been. We had a blast and Hensleigh loved being outside the majority of the day! |
![]() |
| 360 something stairs we climbed to get this view of the waterfall. It was totally worth it! |
![]() |
| Yellow Stone Lake |
![]() |
![]() |
| Ashlee was a champion and sat squished in the back seat with her two kids. Thank goodness for her! |
We have had a blast so far this summer. We look forward to the rest of it!







































1 comment:
I'm so glad to hear that Hensleigh signs! Wahoo! Isn't is cute.
I heard about your move. Hope things are going well for you guys. :)
Post a Comment