Thursday, August 29, 2013

Has it really been a year?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HENSLEIGH

I really cannot believe my baby girl is 1. It is so crazy to me how fast that year went by. Watching your baby grow up seems to happen in a blink of an eye. Being with her everyday its hard to notice that she is changing before your eyes but then before you know it she is 1, walking, talking and has more personality then I know what to do with. It really has been a year full of joy! Don't get me wrong it has been hard as well. I am not one who is known for patience and I will tell you that having a baby is a sure test of patience. I spent many days in tears with frustrations of breast feeding. It was a ruff 11 1/2 months but I am proud of myself for making it that long! I sometimes catch myself forgetting that she is still a baby and that just because I tell her she shouldn't or can't do something doesn't mean that is going to happen. I am sure this is just a glimpse into the many years ahead as a mother. But it really is the greatest blessing and I love my sweet, spunky and crazy little girl!

I was so excited to throw her a birthday party. We held it the day after her actual birthday so more people could make it down to Bountiful. The party turned out great and I had so much fun making decorations and the cake. I am no cake baker that is for sure, I have never made more then a simple boxed cake. I wasn't too pleased with how the cake looked but it tasted delicious and for never making a real cake before with fondant and all I guess it turned out ok. I was however very proud of the fondant characters that Treagan and I made to go on top of the cake. They turned out adorable!

Her 1 year stats: Weight: 20lbs 6oz 45%
                           Height: 31 1/4in. 95%
                           Head: 17 1/2in 25%
                         
August 16, 2013
The morning of her birthday.

Spending the her birthday in her favorite place.
Outside! 

She loves climbing in, on, and over everything! 

Her birthday chalk board

The fondant characters. We also made a buffalo.
Her favorite things in the world are her stuffed animals so I thought it would be fitting to decorate with them! 

Her birthday banner. The light from outside made pictures so hard to take! 






I was looking forward to her opening her giant bear hoping for a great reaction. She did not disappoint. She loved him from the second she opened the box. I was one happy Momma. 


Within seconds for setting the cake down she was already face first into it. She LOVED it! 


Get it Hensleigh!
It was the perfect day! We are so grateful for everyone who came and celebrated with us. Thank you to everyone for all your love and support.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY my sweet baby Hensleigh!

2 comments:

Rachel Culmer said...

Cute cake. Isn't crazy how fast one year goes by? And it happens year, after year, after year. Hannah is turning 3 in 4 months, and will be in primary next year! YIKES!

Jason + Whitni said...

She's a babe!