Sunday, May 2, 2010

10K Dam to Downtown

Most of you probably know that I am not a big fan of long distance running. If fact for the most part I hate running. People seem to laugh at that because I'm a soccer player so how could I hate running. Running in a soccer game is different though. You do a lot more sprinting then just running in a straight line for a long time. Anyways the idea of ever doing a marathon is complete insane because first of all my knee couldn't do if after all the surgery it has had and second I just wouldn't want to run for 4+ hours!! But one of my friends asked me if I would run a 10K with her. I always have secretly wanted to do some kind of running race just to see what its like and how it feels. I asked Treagan and he said it would be fun so we begin! I made a training schedule and we start tomorrow. We haven't signed up yet because we are going to wait for 2 or 3 weeks to see how my knee holds up. if it can handle it then on June 12th we will be doing the Dam to Downtown run here in Iowa City. I'm excited and hopefully everything works out. I'll keep ya posted!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so excited that you want to run this with me! I can't wait to do it but was nervous to be the only one running it. So I hope your knee holds out! Keep up the training and call me if you ever want to go running! Especially a longer saturday run would be nice to do together! Let me know! Whoot Whoot!!!!!!

Mick and Tiff said...

That sounds fun. I hope your knees hold up. I have been running the Race for the Cure 5k for the past few years with a group and this is the first year I didn't sign up...

sniff..sniff...

I do agree with you about running marathons though. 4 hours.. WHAT?!

Marci Wittwer Butterfield said...

So I stalked your blog and so glad I did cause I am planning on doing this race as well. I talked Adam into doing it with me... but I am glad there will be others there running. You will do great. A 10K is a great distance for your first race.

Ken and Em Sim Family said...

That's great! It's especially cool that you are doing it together. I hope you knee holds up. If it doesn't, you can always take up road biking :)

Julianne Howes said...

Kim! I'm so glad you have a blog so I can see what you are up to!! Good luck with the 10k... I'm like you. I'm not a fan of running, but plan to WALK a 5k this summer haha. I hope it works out and that your knee does okay. Good luck!

Oriens said...

Yay! That is so awesome! With the way you can run stairs you will rock this run. Can't wait to hear how training and the race goes. =) good luck!

nathan n rachel said...

GO KIM!

Shayna said...

Good luck kim! :)

Shayna said...

Kim!! getting those fonts was sooo easy!! go to http://www.kevinandamanda.com/fonts/
and then i clicked on FONTS FOR PEAS and then went to the right side like half way done, and clicked on the button that said DOWNLOAD ALL (you wont use all for your blog.. u can only use one at a time, but that way they are all on your computer and then you can use them in word... i use them for scrapbooking, instead of writing i type...) then after you download them all they are going to be in a zipped file.... so stay on the same page that the button was on, and scroll down a little, and in the same right collum there will be a "How do i use these fonts???" click on that and then it will show you how to unzip, and get them on your computer, and then in that same place it will show you how to use it in blogger :) good luck.. if you have questions just ask !!! oh and you know that recipe book thing you were talking about a while ago.. :) would you mind sending it to me?