Sunday, August 22, 2010

ALUMNI GAME!

On August 14th Iowa Western had their first Alumni game. I was so excited for this! Those were the most fun 2 years of my college life. Soccer was way more then I ever expected. I had the greatest team anyone could ever ask for. Those girls are still my best friends today and I really feel like we were all sent there to meet each other! And I had the 2 most successful season of soccer of my life. I broke basically every record at the school and just had a blast doing it. So being able to go back and play on my field again and with those girls again I couldn't have been more excited. I was a little nervous. First because I'm not even close to being in soccer shape and 2nd because my Iowa coach took all confidence I ever had away from me. Soccer at Iowa was the worst 2 years of my life. I hated every practice and every game. I came home crying most days. It just wasn't a good situation. And because my coach didn't believe in me and would bring me down I really allowed that to get to me. And when you let something get to your head playing soccer doesn't really work very well. Playing any sport when your minds not right doesn't work well. But the second I was on my old field again everything came back to me. I was surrounded my people who loved me and believed in me. I scored a goal in the first 2 minutes of the game. Scored another goal and had an assist in the second half. You have no idea how happy I was and how good that felt to know that I still had it! After the game Treagan said "Holy Crap I have never seen you play like that!" he said he could just tell how happy I was on the field and that I wasn't scared of anything! I said that's what happens when I have confidence. It really makes me sad to think that I allowed a coach to ruin 2 years of the game I love so much! I wish I could have over come that at the time. But I am so grateful for the 2 years I had at Iowa Western because those 2 years brought me here to Treagan and that is all the truly matters anymore! They also got me a full ride scholarship to Iowa which has been an amazing blessing as well not having to deal with student loans. Treagan has enough for the both of us ha ha! But seriously I love the game of soccer and I am so grateful for last weekend because I really haven't been that happy playing soccer for so long! I can't even describe how I felt!

2 comments:

Nana Olsen said...

Oh how I wish I could have come and watched you do the thing that you love so much. It was just hiding inside of you. About the only good thing that you could say to your coach would be -- Thanks for my husband. You were always awesome in my eyes. Love you, mom
xoxoxoxxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxo

Alex and Anna said...

I can completely relate to this. I'm so glad you went back and played so awesome just to remember how great of a player you are. I felt the same way at USU as you did at Iowa. Its like you forget how to play or something. Its crazy that coaches can have such a positive or negative influence. You wish that you didn't let it bother you but it is hard not to. Anyway, sounds like you guys are doing awesome. You look amazingly beautiful!! I love your hair. come hang out with me when you come back to Utah ok.
XOXO

Anna