Thursday, September 2, 2010

Kitchen Chairs

I have been using folding chair as my Kitchen chairs for over 2 years now. That was the easiest thing to do when I first moved out here to Iowa. So when one of our friends found some nice wooden chairs out side by her dumpster she held onto them thinking the someone could use them. At first I didn't really want them because they were brown and kind of ugly. But then after looking at them for a second and realizing they could be cute after some tender love and care (AKA paint and fabric :) I took them home with me. This is what happened.

The Before
The cushions were really sick. Had hair and dirt all over them
painted them black
And wa... la...
I love them! I had a hard time deciding what fabric to buy but I am very happy with how they turned out! And it's nice to sit on some real chairs at the dinner table! Thanks Bree for saving these for me!

It actually makes the kitchen not look as ghetto! That's hard to do when you live in a crappy really old apartment! ha ha. But they were a lot of fun to re-do and I'm glad they turned out so cute!

7 comments:

Shayna said...

Kim!!! they are so cute :) i love crafts and re-do's i can't wait for the holidays to come up so i can start :)

Tia and Cam said...

well done! they turned out great. how did you put the fabric on? staples?

Anonymous said...

They are so Darling! I love them. and now seeing the before I understand. You did a great job! I love the fabric

brandandbrit said...

They turned out great! You are so talented!

Julianne Howes said...

Look how talented you are! They look brand new. So cute!

nathan n rachel said...

Nice! I love them.

Nana Olsen said...

Wow, proud of you, you little creative doll. You definately have the Simmons talent in you. Love mom xoxoxoxxoxoxoxxoxoxxoxoxoxoxox