Monday, November 29, 2010

CHI-CA-GOOOOOOOOO

Thanksgiving break was super fun! Treagan and I headed up to Chicago to stay with his brother-in-laws little sister. She is the nicest lady ever and has the cutest little family (The Mukai's). We love them so much and are so grateful they lets us come spend the weekend with them. Another wonderful thing about it was that my little sister Morgie flew out to Chicago to come enjoy the holiday with us. (Thanks Grandpa Simmons for the plane ticket!) We had such a blast!

To start the trip off though before we even got to the Airport to pic Morgan up we got a flat tire. Just off I-190 in Chicago. Treagan stayed so calm and I am so thankful for that cause I probably would have been freaking out if not. He got the spare tire out and the jack. We both had silently said a prayer for help because at first he couldn't find the jack. Just has he started hooking the jack up a big orange truck pulled up behind is. The truck is 999 HELP is but letters. These peoples jobs are to drive around Chicago looking for people off the side of the road that might need help. Boy am I grateful for that company. He changed our tire in about 5 minutes and was on his way. We tried to tip him but he said they are not allowed to take any money.  So then off we went to the airport to get Morgan. On Friday we took our car in and ended up buying 4 new tires. That's always fun to spend money on right????

I was so so happy to see him!
This is what happened to Treagan's hand when he tried to put the tire back into the car.
 Now onto the fun part of our trip!

We started Thanksgiving morning off playing some football with people from the Mukai's ward. It was pretty cold. I think Morgan froze to death the whole time but it still was really fun. I have actually never played football on Thanksgiving before. I think that's kind of weird because it's such a big tradition. But we enjoyed ourselves.

The next day we thought about going to do some Black Friday shopping but decided we liked our sleep more then shopping. We did go shopping that day though up to the outlets in Wisconsin. We bought a few things while trying to stay out of the cold. It was FREEZING!

Quick photo shoot before we went shopping

Looks like a engagement pic... ehhh

Us Olsen's girls have never been known for our sex appeal. This is us trying to be sexy ha ha ha

Seriously love this girl so so much!
On Saturday we headed to down town Chicago. Morgan had never been so this was fun for her to see some of the famous places and things in Chicago. On our way to down town we stopped at Wrigley field. That was so cool to see. None of us had ever been there before so that was really fun to see such a famous landmark! Once we got down town we started walking down Michigan Ave which if you don't know anything about it, it is this awesome street in Chicago with about every store you can think of. They all have really cool window displays and most of the stores are for rich people. But it was fun to look at stuff even though we could never afford anything.  The best part about Michigan Ave was their FOREVER 21 store. Oh my goodness this was the best place EVER! I loved forever 21 and I have never seen such a big store in my life. The one at gateway is pretty big. And this one is double the size. Literally the size of at least 6 regular forever 21 stores. I could have easily spent thousands of dollars so we had to get me out of there quick! Here's some pictures of the fun we had! 










Michigan Ave.







The BEAN



There were so many people around the bean it was hard to find a place to take pictures. It's so funny to watch everyone try and take funny pictures. I'm sure we looked like idiots the whole time!



Its.. to.. heavy...

I love the faces she pulls! 
On Sunday we headed back to the airport but had a bunch of time to waste so we just pulled off the side of the road and chilled. This is what that looked like...





We got a little bored. A cop ended up pulling up behind us and telling us to move ha ha

The Mukai family! Mark, Kevin, Spencer, Lizzy, Jackson and Kristen!

You guys really are the best! Thanks again for everything! we had so much fun!

4 comments:

Ashlee said...

So jealous!!! Next time i will win the little sister battle!!! Love you both.

nathan n rachel said...

You have some really funny pictures!

RileyandChristinaShaw said...

How fun!! too bad about the flat tire though:( Funny pictures:) I love how close you sisters are:)

brandandbrit said...

That looks like a lot of fun and I love your new hair! It looks great!