Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas Break

We had a few hiccups on our Christmas break but besides that everything was great. We got to spend time with both our families which is always a plus, we got to sleep in every morning, play games all day and just relax.

It was only about 3 hours into our drive to Utah when I got pulled over by a cop because some called in saying they thought I was intoxicated. I was so confused as to why I was getting pulled over because two cars had just passed me and I was only going 5 over. Two cop cars pulled us over and one made me go sit in his car with him. I was kind of scared. But he just wanted to make sure I wasn't drinking and then let me on my way. I thought it was pretty funny afterwords considering I've never drank before. ha ha


Then at 2:30 in the morning I wake up to find out we are in Colorado instead of Wyoming. Treagan some how managed to miss the Y on I-80 that takes you to Wyoming or Colorado. And he didn't realize it till we were already in Colorado. I wasn't that happy considering it was 2:30a.m. But we found a little highway and made our way back to I-80. Finally 19 hours later we were at home.

Here are some pictures of our good time in UTAH! We should have taken a bunch more but we forgot :(

Ash and her family opened their presents the day after Christmas. It was fun watching the little kids open their gifts.

She is such a little twit but such a cutie!

My mom made aprons for everything this year. They all turned out so great!

Even Crosky got his own apron.

Christmas morning at Treagans parents house. It was so weird not having any kids around. We didn't start opening presents until 10.


Olsen's Family party. Clint (morgie's boyfriend) & Jenny



Me and Jen Jen

Playing House of Fire! Such a fun game!

I was getting pretty mad though because I kept losing!


We had family pictures taken while we were at home. I can't wait to see them when there done. Here are a few we took with our camera.





After all this fun the trip home was literally the worst trip of my life. Everything that could have gone wrong went wrong. Here is the just of it....

The car broke down 3 hours from Iowa City at 4:30a.m. An hour later a tow truck came and pulled us to the nearest town 10 miles away for $107. We payed for a motel room for $65 for 4 hours. Our friend Brett drove down with his 4-runner to tow us home. We hooked our car to his with tow ropes and went on our way. We got pulled over 1 1/2 from home by a jerk cop yelling at us and telling us how dangerous driving with only tow ropes is. He then gives Brett a ticket for $107 and Treagan a warning. The cop then makes us call another tow truck to tow us 1 miles off to an exit for another $80. We then drove back 15 minutes to get a U haul costing us $85. We finally make it home at 5p.m. So basically 29 hours later, about $700 bucks wasted (including gas money) and a car that doesn't start we finally made it home. It really was one of the worst days ever! The car is still in the shop. Luckily we have a very nice friend letting us use their truck all week so I can drive to work and back. Hopefully the car can get fixed and not cost thousands of dollars. We will see. 

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and a better New years then we did!

3 comments:

Sam, Tom, and Nate said...

That sounds like quite the adventure! A Christmas you'll never forget :) I wish I could have seen ya while you were here! Hopefully next time!

Shayna said...

Wowza kim! sounds like a crappy time! but one you will always remember thats for sure! :) i agree with sam, i would have loved to see you! next time your in town lets do lunch or something... seriously!

nathan n rachel said...

Being pulled over by a cop for drunk driving (when you weren't drinking)--funny.
Treagan missing the exit and ending up in Colorado--funny.
Car breaking down and all the drama afterwards--that stinks. I'm sorry about that. I hope that your repairs won't be too expensive.